Tuesday, October 03, 2006

all alone

Yep that's right. my mother in law took the kids last night and they will be with her all day today.
Why is it when you do get the time alone you feel somewhat lost?
I made plans to go to the camera store and bookstore at the mall, and I did get those things done but I'm wanting to scrapbook but the juices aren't flowing. I feel like there are thousands of thoughts running through my head but not enough time to get more than two done. Now is the time I wish for either a clone or a maid.
So i'm going to do my post and go scrap something.
*did my research in portrait studio lighting and found some intersesting things. the cost is somewhat close to what I was hoping for. roughly $600. but it's entirely doable. whats funny is the manager of Ritz said that once people see what I can do for my family they will ask me to take their family pictures. Kind of a nerve wracking thought right now.
Granted it's aleady started by asking me to photograph the relay for life cancer walk but portrait work is even more intimate in my opinion.
* On a different note my brothers buddy from childhood is moving out here right now. We are all a little apprehensive about it but hope this will be a positive change for him. We've know him since he was about 5ish? My brother was dating his sister off and on for the last 5+yr?. Hell I had a major crush on their older brother since I was like 10. At one point I kinda hoped my mom would marry their dad. sick and twisted I know but then I would be around my crush aaaallll the time. Oh well life is not always what we fantasize about and I surely would NOT trade my awesome hubby and kids for anything else. Even if said crush was a total hottie. :)
Well that got some memories stirred up. Maybe now my creativity will be sparked by nostalgia and I can get a few things done before work. C.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evening again,
Carrie, I agree with what we talked about, a class at pima would be good, you learned alot last time, and now that you are more comfortable with your camera it will be even better.
About Brian, my stomach is tied up in knots, I worry because I know the baggage he brings with him,life has not been easy for those kids, and I just hope I can be a positive influence for him.
He called earlier he's in Oklahoma City, going to sleep tonight and head out tomorrow--so he should be here by Thursday-pray because I'm sure going to need it.

Love to all
ma

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have to agree that all you ask for is a little time alone, and then you get it and have no idea what to do with it. Well thanks for the e-mail and the prayers, I talked to him again last night for a half an hour. I am so crazy. Can you believe that next week is Friday the 13th. and I fall out of the 20's. AAHAAHAHAH!
Talk soon
Love and miss you guys
Kris