Friday, December 29, 2006

funky friday

no news today on Kim. we have worked it out that i will visit in the evenings after work. this is kinda nice. now i don't feel guilty trying to find a sitter or being to busy during the day. we talk on the phone but at least i can visit more often. Kim is really looking better. we sort of discussed when she gets out about getting some things like will and funeral arrangements ready for the "just in case". I want her wishes honored and i need to know what they are.

I have also discussed her having a journal to get out all her feelings out on paper about anything. this will be a great reminder for when she beats the cancer to look back and to see her struggles and her triumphs.

*so this is one of my favorite shirts that my brother got for wyatt. recognize the colors?? it's a John Deere "Got Dirt" tee. I almost don't want it to get dirty its so cute.
So I'm not into making new years resolutions but i'm totally into making new years discoveries. case in point. Rob was asked to lead this sundays church service. after prayer and talking to me he found that he had nothing convicting that he could discuss for 20 minutes. no matter how many ideas i threw at him. his response became for me to lead the service. um... no. But now i wonder if i really could do it. lets rephrase that. i know i can do it, it's the sick to my stomach feeling that i don't want to deal with. even now just typing this my heart starts to beat fast and my hands shake. earlier today i called rob with an idea i had about our life in a kinda of "It's a wonderful Life" way. Now i don't remember the whole movie but i got a brief synopsis on it and that its about how one life affects those around us wether we know it our not. and that in the grand scheme of things we need each other more than we can even begin to understand. it was also about how you treat others and i think this is where i will base my discoveries for this coming year. i want to make this year more friend and family driven. these are promises I have made to myself before but now feel more convicted than ever to act upon. Oh and Rob turned down leading the service so pastor Rod is coming over from his church to lead.
so here is one of the only picture of me on christmas with the spidy that i need to exchange. I must give a big shout out to my hubby, my 5 in1 reflector showed up today and i have already tried playing with. combine that with the cool photog books my bro got me i'm a happy camper.
So have a happy new year and be safe. I plan to take the tree down and put christmas away till next year. Cheers everyone. lots of hugs and kisses. carrie

No comments: