Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Part 2

Okay so i know i said i would tell you about tres amigos. here goes
I like it. i mean it is very easy and the only pain is the computer, which i'm starting to get the hang of. last night for instance i was to accessorize on tops of furniture that needed it. it was taking me forever because i kept changing my mind and it's not my style of stuff so it's harder for me to work with. they were so cool as i kept switching things. i mean this job is like having fun and doing work at the same time. everyone so far is just nice. i know this sounds trite but it's true. if you can't get something done it's okay someone else will finish tomorrow and no one is bitter about it. no rushing or stressing it's cool.
we had the company christmas party on sunday and it was held at El Charro. cool. free food and at least one free drink, if you answered questions you won more drink cards. so after dinner the owners gave a little speech and then on a table are all these gifts. yes there were some cheesy gifts baskets but there was also some pretty cool stuff. this year they did it according to seniority. i guess last year they drew numbers and it corresponded with the number on the gift and all the new people got the good gifts so they cahnged it. Okay the gifts were..... 2 different tools sets, dvd's, coffee grinder, wine openers (good ones), movie tickets, gift cards to see's candy. dvd players, clock radios, dvd/vcr combos, 2 different tabletop steros, play station 2 and an ipod. how cool is that?? and what did Carrie end up with???? a chocolate gift basket. rob said i got screwed but i'm enjoying it. not much in there but its good. we will see next year, maybe i'll get something better.

So on monday the kids got sick and rob and i didn't get much sleep because we kept getting up to change twels and pajamas. yep they had gotten food poisoning. so i spent most of yesterday doing laundry and trying to chill before work. but today the kids are much better and full of pure energy. since it is such a nice day out i tried to set up a christmas photo shoot. yeah, this lasted about 5 minutes. and i had to bribe kelly for the single shots i took. For the life of me i cannot get a good shot of them together. one or the other is always funky. this is the best of the 3 i could get before wyatt ripped off the hat and went back to playing. I told kelly if she would let me take pictures she could watch a movie. that got an instant okay. the very first picture she had the hat over her face then it was the partial looking up and then her telling me to shush. then just a nice smile.
Okay enough updating. i need to feed the kids and myself. I'll do better in keeping up with this thing for the rest of the month. cheers. carrie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh How I love these kids. I see these pictures and I think of you and Mikey and I wonder where the years have gone. Children are such a precious gift.
Love to all

ma