Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dollar Store fun

So this morning the kids and I were just hanging around the house. Now it's already hot here and the weather man says we are looking at 109-112 degrees today. It's too hot to be outside and the kids were starting to fight. So I cryptically tell them to get their shoes on and lets go. No other details.
We pull into the Dollar Store/Fry's parking lot and Kelly gets all grouchy. "I don't want to go in there."
Now I should of said, "then fine you won't get anything," but I told her to get out of the car and quit complaining.

Just before we head in I tell them both that they each have $2 to buy whatever they want.
Oh My Gosh! Jackpot! You have never seen kids so excited.
After much debate over items and with no arguing or crying, just very happy kids we settle on lizards and frogs for Kelly and a firefighter hat and accessory set for Wyatt.
Now both kids are happily playing together and sometimes seperately.
Best $4 I've spent in a long time.
I'm so glad they are still the age where little things still make them very happy.
I think we are going to have a great weekend.

PS- Chelsea was along for the ride, but she didn't get anything (no little kids stuff really) and is currently catching some ZZZZ's in her room.

*Carrie*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The darndest things please kids, most kids would laugh at a couple of bucks, but not our two. And you know, that has been several days and they are still quite content with their booty.
Lots of Love
ma