Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My first quilted project is almost finished. Does anyone know of a fun way to whip stitch??
I have gotten the top and part of one side of the binding done, but that is a project I will do while listening to the tv at night.
I have two other practice Christmas pieces that I will quilt and start binding today.
If all goes well I will continue onto my biggest project yet.

Want to take a small peek??
Here are 8 of the 40 strips for a baby quilt for Chelsea. This is called a honey bun, which is 1.5" pre-cut strips that I plan on having fun with.

I undid the bun and laid all the pieces out and then sorted for a pleasing look.
Now, because I have no memory I took pictures of each group to reference later.
I then folded each section up and laid them across my cutting mat then I step away to use the bathroom.


This is what I had when I got back.

Can you guess what little munchkin got a hold of my strips?

Can you imagine how thankful I was that I took pictures of each set of strips??
I have sewn all together 3 of the five group sets.
I'll show you the pretties later.

Joanns is having a coupon commotion and national sewing month sale and I finally found the sizzix embossing folder sets.
I will admit I did pick up a couple of sets and there were a couple of sets out of stock that I can't wait to see what they look like.
One set, the damask I already can vision a Christmas card with. hmmm.

Before I go I do want to give a shout out for great Customer Service. I placed an order for fabric at http://www.crazyquiltgirlfabricshop.com/ and not only does she have fantastic prices but she emailed me to let me know that my product fit in a smaller box and she was refunding part of my shipping cost.
How cool is that. I saved $5.00.
I have spread the word to all my crafting friends, I will definitely be going back.
*Carrie*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how i laughed...I can take a guess which munchkin did this, too funny.
Glad your having fun with this, mom use to do this, but I never had the time or the money to give it a try, plus we had amaller house than you do.

lol ma