Monday, October 19, 2009


First off I'll start by saying Rob found my second set of car keys!

I'm ashamed to admit that the keys were in our room in a place I thought I had checked pretty well.
On Thursday we headed up to Mt. Lemmon to see some fall foliage.
I miss seeing the trees change. When I was in high school one of my classrooms overlooked a wooded area that just glowed in the fall.
We spent five hours on the mountain and check out all sorts of nooks we had never been to before trying to get a good shot or to see more.
You couldn't have asked for a better more beautiful day.
My only beef is with myself. It was challenging trying to photograph the shadows and the bright sky.
I found I need two things my ND filter, which I forgot to use. It was in my bag I just didn't think about it. I also needed a lens hood. Some of the shots were "cloudy", some of those shots would other wise be favorites.
Live and learn right.
Up at ski valley were some beautiful trees but they won't let you walk the grounds just to take pictures.
We visited Windy Point and Inspiration Rock, Ski Valley, Summerhaven and Mt. Bigelow.
So this was what we did just on Thursday morning. That evening the kids went with Grandmom to see Disney on Ice.
Now our whole weekend was jammed packed with pictures and places we went so I'm going to have to spread it out over the next couple of days.
On Friday we did the zoo and on Sunday we went Apple and pumpkin pickin'.
Over the course of this weekend I took over 300 pictures. Not all keepers but I did get some good ones.
I wish we could get a cabin on the mountain. It is so peaceful and just plain ol' gorgeous.
I once dreamed of living on the mountain, writing stories or just being in nature, hiking, breathing in the fresh air.
More to come this week! for now just enjoy the rest of the pictures. :)






























*Carrie*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like you I miss the fall..I loved the vibrant colors that comes with cooler temps, and I begin to wonder if we will see any of those soon??? Do you remember all the trees, raking the leaves and then just playing in them on cool fall evenings..I do. My mom use to get so mad at us kids, we would spend all day raking the leaves into piles by the road, only to scatter them all over again, not to mention jumping up when cars drove by scaring the poor drivers half to death....now that was fun!!!!!