Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween 2009
My ghouls are ready for their night of costumes and treats.
We spent Thursday night carving pumpkins where Kelly loved ripping the guts out of her pumpkin and Wyatt was all squeamish and could barely put his arm inside the pumpkin. Both kids drew a picture of what they wanted their pumpkins to look like. Kelly's wanted hers to have a mean mouth. Wyatt wanted his to have lots of teeth. Since Chelsea couldn't tell us what she wanted we decided to go with silly. When Rob asked "silly how?" I gave him a face. He drew it out on a piece of paper and then went to work on the pumpkin. I must say I love how they all turned out.
We lit the candles and I got to practice taking photos of their glowing faces. When we saw the reflection in the table Rob and I both loved how this photo turned out.

Tonight we will see these cute faces transformed into; Kelly as Princess Fiona(before)
Wyatt as Batman
Chelsea as a bumblebee.
Oooo, I better go double check and make sure each kid has a bucket for trick or treating.
This is one of my favorite holidays and I just love seeing all the kids dressed up.
Before I had kiddos I used to decorate the house for every holiday. Since I had kids I have really slacked off. I'm hoping with this next year to get back on board and make the time to fill my home with sights and scents of the seasons.
From our home to yours here is to having a safe and Happy Halloween.
Recap coming later.
*Carrie*

No comments: