Thursday, November 15, 2012

thankful #15


This may sound cheesy but I'm thankful for the people who say thank you.
These are two words that I feel are not used enough in our society today.
I'm not going to rant and rave about the people who think the world revolves around them and we owe them or they deserve it. Please.
I enjoy holding the door open for people whether they are coming in or out. When the door is opened for me, I say thank you with a smile. To the harried server in a restaurant, I say thank you when you take my order, refill my glass or take away my plate. Any courtesy should receive a thank you.
They are not hard words to say yet, the hardest thing for me to learn was to say, thank you when I was paid a compliment. It doesn't matter if I believed the person or not, they are being sincere, at least I hope so.
A little bit of courtesy goes so far and doesn't cost you anything. By saying thank you, you can change a persons whole day. How many times have we heard that each person is fighting their own battle? What does Ellen say at the end of every show, be kind to each other?
Actually as I'm sitting here I realize how ironic it is that we spend a whole month writing about being thankful, but we really don't spend any time be consciously being polite or kind to each other. I know we all fall short, myself included.
I guess I'm ranting and raving, just on the flip side of saying thank you. To those of you who read my blog, Thank you. To my friends and family who put up with me, Thank you.
A challenge I have given myself is to write at least two thank you cards to either people I know or strangers. When was the last time you received a thank you or thank you card?
*Carrie*

No comments: