Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Best of Pixar cricut challenge


I was so surprised looking through the Best of Pixar cartridge to see this seascape elements. I have several friends that go on vacations to pretty places like this so I thought I could send this card the next time they're  heading off.
I will admit trying to cut the trees on the explore was tricky and ended up using my distress markers to get the colors back to what I was expecting. I ended up using texture paste for my cloud because I couldn't find my snow puffy pen. Still it was fun to use this cart in a way you wouldn't expect.
Now Mr. Incredible is a funny story, well funny to me.
A little back story for you. I usually design on my big computer in the living room, and that is where I do my printing. Then I take my tablet, open design space and go into my craft room to cut.
I had originally cut Mr. Incredible smaller and with the Incredible logo. After printing I set it aside and later changed my mind and deleted the logo and made Mr. Incredible bigger. A few days later, I took my original print and went to cut him out and when I opened my project in Design space, realized that my first print was now useless because I had changed the file. Back to the living room to print the new file and then I went right back to the craft room to cut.
Once I had gotten my Mr. cut out I went through a bunch of different backdrops trying to find the right fit. I finally gave up and made my own. I took a 4x6 project life grid card and then used my Dylusion sprays in London blue and Post box red. I dried it with my heat gun and called it good. Wyatt likes it, so I'm assuming another boy will like it for a birthday or get well card.
Of course there are other characters I could have used but when I originally cut Mr. Incredible I was going to use him on a Disney character page. When I found the picture I had planned on using, it wasn't as I had remembered it and wouldn't work for my page.

My next challenge will be...


*Carrie*

No comments: