Friday, February 03, 2017

Cub Scout blue and gold 2017

So I received a text Thursday night, could I make 10 centerpieces for the blue and gold ceremony that was on Saturday morning the 28th. Trish said to make it simple. Looking at my schedule, I agreed and during my breaks at work, I planned everything out. Even though Wyatt is no longer a cub scout, I still have friends whose boys are and I also had my Cricut cartridge Do Your Best that I had been wanting to use. Sadly the cartridge came out after Wyatt's Blue and Gold. Now I get to use it on his scrapbook.
 Another one of the new things that Cricut has done is create and app, that is still in beta testing, where I can create on my phone. Oh Hallelujah! I was able to start and name each project so that when I got home I could put in the final tweaks and hit go. Since I was on such a time crunch I opted for using the print and cut feature. YES! YES! YES! In less than two hours I was about 90% done with my work. I was so confident, I ran to Hobby Lobby to look for wood bases and, you know, anything else I may need.
After I came home, Rob decided to get in on the fun by drilling holes in all the bases for me and Kelly helped by gluing most of the pieces together.
 This fire was my biggest pain, it didn't want to stay glued together and then I added to the fun by painting with a thin layer of stickles glitter glue to give it more dimension. I had seen this project done on the Cricut website and it looked so easy, but man did I learn some lessons.
I decided to make each table a theme and while I did run into some glitches, like how the bear, wolf and webelos signs would not flatten for print and cut and how also the space ship, boat and car wouldn't flatten for print and cut, made me rethink things.
I also need to remind myself to edit my phone photos before I upload to google. Yikes, I need to crop. If I remember I'll edit and replace these guys.
From what I've been told the centerpieces were a big hit and on a couple, people tried to walk away with the tent and the glass framed oath.
I'll take that as a compliment.
 





No comments: