Monday, February 13, 2017

Tomorrow is Valentines and my office has organized a good old fashioned party where we are handing out Valentines to each other and having a bag decorating contest.
I have designed everything on my Cricut and tonight will cut everything out, put it all together. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to finish up, especially when I have been designing and making plans for two weeks. I will say that my valentines are based off of the create a critter cartridge and a quick search of animal puns. Since my time is short, I will once again use the print and cut feature with my machine. While not as impressive as piecing each animal together, I think with some added dimension I can make them stand out.

I bought a couple of new toys that came in last week and I immediately loaned them out to my church for a video our pastors are shooting. I bought a 3 piece umbrella light set and a softbox for a quick studio photography setup. Once I get them back I plan on taking them for a spin, I have already told the kids that we will be doing some portraits and I'm hoping to use it for taking pictures of things that I make. Wyatt is excited because he wants to use it for making videos on you tube. Yeah, we'll see about that. Who knows, maybe I'll start making videos. I think right now I'll start with taking better pictures first.
I seem to have a renewed love for my photography and wanting to learn how to be more effective in editing and overall composition. We''ll see once I get the chance to set up and play around with the light set and then start working in photoshop elements to play with the images.
One of the new products that I'm looking into getting is a pocket printer from Amazon. It will be nice to have quick picks off my phone and to be able to create, when I do create, fun new sizes on my pages.
Maybe my new found creativity has to do with a co worker who just bought a new DSLR camera after suffering through a point and shoot. Maybe its a new book from Amy Tangerine that has me wondering where to start again creatively. And maybe it could be that I don't want to work 7-3:30 five days a week. Whatever the case may be, I'm looking at the big guy upstairs and taking baby steps to get moving.

No comments: