Monday, May 14, 2007

good news, bad news

Good news:

Over this past weekend we did 3 fundraisers and netted $600. Yee Haw! with additional checks that have come in we have met our goal!!! I'm going to Paris! I'm very nervous because the people there are so fasionable and because of where I'm working I'm gonna look like a frump. All of my shirts most cover my rump and show no cleavage. I'm going to look HUGE!


Bad news: On friday Kim's dad Frank stopped by the house to let me know that besides the cancer being back that the doctors have given her 3 months to live. I'm not surprised, I said how bad she is looking. Kim is not giving up hope, she has asked for another round of chemo. I personally believe this round will kill her. She can't take much more and I just don't want her to be in anymore pain. If she continues on they will eventually move her to hospice. The doctors have said that there isn't anymore they can do concerning pain meds, if she switches to hospice then they can drug her as much as she wants.

This is the last picture taken with Kim in it. This was taken at Wyatt's birthday last year.
Kim has lost 73lbs since Dec. That should put her under 150. I was teasing her that I knew she wanted to be skinny but this was pushing it. Kim is not eating or drinking........she is letting herself die.
Prayers for Kim, that God will ease her suffering and take her quickly. That she will remember how much we love her and that she will make peace with God and follow him to heaven.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations !! So my daughter is off to Paris, I would have like to have gone to Greece, but with school it can't be done. So I will stay at home and will enjoy hearing about your adventures when you get back and I know with Karen you will have some fun.

I have decided to go see Kim, I have such mixed feelings but the most is that I want her to know that I think of her often and that she is in my prayers (I won't tell her that part, because I don't know how she would take it)that she has not been deserted and that we and I do mean we all love and care about her. So, thursday will be the day and we will see how it goes.