Thursday, May 17, 2007

I lost my best friend

This morning at 1:15am Kim passed away. Her passing was peaceful. By her side was her Dad Frank, her friend and neighbor Pat and myself.
I received word from her Dad around 11:30 yesterday morning that it wouldn't be much longer. My mother in law took the kids and I went up to be with Kim.
Friends came through to say their goodbyes and to pray. I sat by her side and talked to her as much as I could. We told all the stories that we could remember and teased her about some of our exploits.
One of the most touching moments was when Rob left to go home he told Kim goodbye and she raised her hand and waved. That was the most consious/responsive she was to anyone. Unless you were holding her hand then she might give you a squeeze.
I know she is in a better place and that she is no longer in pain. She is with family in heaven that she has missed so much. Probably arguing with her mom right now:)
I love her and miss her and she is in my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear daughter,
As I stood beside Kim's bed, the anger left to be replaced with such love for this young lady, I know we have had our problems, but she has been a part of my family for so long, that all the rest just wasn't important anymore.
I know she is in a better place, the pain is gone and I just know that knowing Kim the way we do that she is sure to be chewing someone out.
Monday we will shed tears, a part of us sad to have to let her go, but also knowing that it is for the better.
May she find contentment and peace and know we all love her.