Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I can't believe it is Wednesday already.
On one hand I'm very happy that it is Wednesday but on the other hand I feel like I have accomplished nothing.
Creatively my brain is on rapid fire and I don't have the time or the space to spread out and mass produce.
Emotionally and physically I feel so spent and drained of my last drop that I'm falling asleep at 8:30 at night.
Life has been so not my norm that I only took 15 pictures of the flowers that Rob bought me for my birthday. :)
I think this has been one of the most beautiful bouquets that I have ever received.
(Me and my little man)

Last Friday the ladies and myself set up to start crafting on Mondays. This past Monday I brought a TON of my stuff so that we can begin making Christmas cards. I only got 4 done. Now I want to set up for mass production and crank those cards out.

In about two weeks I'm going to learn how to quilt a table runner. This is something that I have wanted to do for years. I have most of the fabric I just need to get the rest of the supply list. This might be what everyone receives for Christmas gifts this year. hmmm.
My goal for this past year has been to be more creative. To become the person God is leading me to be. For me that is to let my passion take flight, whether that is photography or scrapbooking/cardmaking. So starting last fall I began my Artist's Way creative journey. You can find these books at Amazon if your curious.
For some people it seems its easy for them to create, for others it's a struggle. I'm known to be a procrastinator but in reality it is fear that holds me back, from what besides rejection I don't know. Rejection is probably enough to hold most people back.
A year later being creative is easier for me but I believe I'm ready to push some boundaries. Now my issue is time management and financial. Having a 14month wiggle worm and just trying to stay up on housework, namely picking up after my mini tornado, leaves crafting to nap time, if that.

So I previously said that part of my current issue is financial, so I have begun making a list of wants and thanks to the ladies from the cricut message board I have found about a thousand dollars worth of Stampin Up stuff I would love to get. At the top of that list is the ticket corner punch and the white ink pad.
Now, I would like to switch over all my ink pads but it will take time.
Ooohh and the markers ooohh.
I also believe they have the best stamps around. Compared to CTMH where I found maybe a hundred dollars worth of stamps.
Next on my list is my ever favorite: pattern paper. There are too many to name but I have my eye on several brands of Halloween and Christmas paper.
Next is cuttlebug folders, dang it I'm the only person in my group that doesn't have these yet. I'm the one that told them about the cuttlebug and the new folders! How does that figure??!!
Last but not least are my loves, my cricut cartridges. Thanks to others creativity I have seen stuff that makes me want some carts that I had previously looked over.
All in good time.
I have a list and when I can I check something off of it.
It is something to look forward to. :)

*Carrie*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I told you yesterday I am proud to announce that 6 yes 6 cards are done (couldn't find that ribbon I wanted) I'm so blasted proud of myself!!!!
I have always said that you were expensive to shop with, a thousand at stampin up.....whew, are you buying everything??? I'll admit to a list of wants from there, but wow, that is quite a list.

Have a great week...well whats left of it

ma