Monday, January 04, 2010

I was just uploading photos and I was smacked in the head with how bad of a blogger I have been.
I didn't do a Christmas recap, I didn't post about Chelsea moving into her big girl bed, or about our trip up to play at Mt. Lemmon.
I need to do some serious recaping.
I *need* a laptop.
sigh...I know, I know but I have to share with Rob and he is becoming a computer hog. :)
So last week, last YEAR!! we drove up to Mt. Lemmon to hopefully play in the snow.


Well we were a few days too late. Most of the snow was either gone, or frozen over and almost like ice. We did manage to find this one very icy and steep hill to try and sled down.
It was a treacherous climb but the ride was smooth and fun. Rob got a couple of very unflattering pictures of me as I manuvered to position for the ride down.
Kelly and Wyatt said forget the "sled" and just went down in their pants.
Chelsea she just wanted to eat the snow, thankfully not yellow, and try to stay upright on the ice.
We stayed up on the mountain for a couple of hours but in reality it was a bust. Who knows maybe we will get another storm before spring.
Soooo guess what Joann's got in the other day?? Aren't they cute. I have been making plans for cards and valentines for the kid's classes with these stamps.
It seems like there are really 2 sets of 12 each.

I think I'm more partial to the cutesy ones in the second photo. These stamps will be perfect for the kids's school valentines.
Well like most places in the US today the kids are back in school except Miss Kelly.
Lst night she complained that her stomach hurt. Rob and I both agreed we felt that it was just nerves and Kelly not wanting to go to school.
Yeah well, she is running a low fever and vomiting. Grand.
Around 1 am Wyatt joined the club but with no fever.
This morning Rob's tummy is "off" and Kelly is home and Wy man wanted to go to school.
Thankfully so far, fingers crossed, Chelsea and I are/will be fine.
I'm almost caught up on the laundry, dinner is defrosting, and I have a little over and hour before I pick up Wyatt from school to start cleaning up my craproom.
Seriously, it's hideous, you can barely get in the room, and then there is just about enough room to stand in one place. That is so not how I want my creative space to be. I must get it back in shape and no do not ask me to prove it by showing a photo, not going to embarass myself that way.
Have a great Monday
*Carrie*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Julie G. said...

oh come on!!!! Just post a photo! It will make you accountable!! :)

Anonymous said...

I was soo disappointed that I could not join you on the "mountain" while I sometimes miss the white stuff, nothing would make me move back east, but I can be tempted to enjoy a few hours playing in it. And it looks like so much fun!
You know Carrie, when you called me the other day about the stamps, I hesitated, and then thought...what the heck, and now i am so very glad that we got them, they are just too cute. Now if I can just find the time to get busy with them...heck i didn't even do christmas cards, a first for me in a very long time. So to one and all I apologize. So saying all of that, how about us getting together once a month and working on next year...no, no, no I mean this years christmas cards. Let me know...
ma