Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm so tired I can barely think straight.
Last night Chelsea fought sleep until 10:30. When we are normally in bed by 10pm that extra half hour seemed so much later. I finally gave up and put her into bed with us.
Yeah, I know not a smooth move but I was tired and grouchy and just wanted to sleep.
So tonight I decided to pull a super nanny move and put her to bed at 8:30. I sat at the end of her bed, not looking at her, and every time she got out of bed I picked her up and calmly laid her back down.
Shortly after I started this bedtime showdown she threw up all over herself and her bed.
I just changed her and the bed and we continued.
It retrospect it was comical because she would get out of bed come and give me a kiss or a hug and then I would lay her back down. One time she got up came and patted my shoulder, when I turned to pick her up she crawled back into bed herself.
When I thought she had finally went to sleep I quietly came out to the living room. Less than two minutes later she followed. I picked her up and took her back to bed and sat back down on the floor. Within 15 minutes she was out and has not come gotten back out of bed.
The whole thing took about an hour.
This morning I was thinking about what I might post today and I had decided to do a kid update. Chelsea had her 18 month check up recently and she is talking so much I need to write down all the words she can now say.
With Kelly and Wyatt it is more them trying new things or not, what they like to do, etc.
I guess I will save it for another day because it will be a long post and right now I'm gonna head to bed.
PS I have not heard yet if they will be able to fix my cricut. The guy was going to finally look at it this afternoon. Hopefully I will get a call tomorrow.
PPS Tomorrow I am insane enough to take all 3 kids to the desert museum, mom will be along to help, I'm gonna need it.
Pictures soon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I don't even want to think about the desert museum, or should I maybe say....not fun!!!! Love my grandkids, but whew, what a morning!
After we got home, had lunch and chilled, it got better and the rest of the day was a breeze, but the start of it was not nice.