Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I love to learn.
One of the few things I need to practice on is taking photos in the evening light.
As an artist I must learn to find my own style and not rely on others for inspiration composition ideas.
Make sense?
I need to step out of my comfort zone, into the realm of the unknown and find the one thing that sets me apart.
Okay so a part of that last sentence came from a song but it fits what I'm trying to convey.
I've noticed lately that I like to look down of objects and see what patterns I can find.
This second photo reminds me of light and dark. a flower on one side and dirt on the other.
Now most people won't see that and that's okay it's just one of the things I saw when I took this picture.

Our county fair starts up this weekend. I was going to enter a photo into the fair but the theme was the Tucson mountains and I really don't have a picture worthy so I passed.
We actually haven't attended the fair in about 10 years?? Way before we had kids. Now that I have had a taste of the night photography at the carnival I'm beginning to get the creative itch to go play one night.
Of course I don't plan on taking the kids if we do go, at least not until they are a bit older, it is really just too expensive.
Heck I'm complaing about the cost just to get in! let alone I have no plans on riding any rides!
The thought of new subjects to try out and an even cooler ferris wheel tempts me.
This last Sunday the family took a Sunday drive. I wanted to scope out a area someone had suggested and I also saw some flowers on the side of the road that I wanted to try and get.
I'm not completely happy with them but it was a learning experience.
One of my favorite weeds are these prickly stems with the white or pink flowers. That such a pretty flower sits atop such a prickly stem amuses me.
I was aiming for the silhouette of the flowers but there was this darn electrical pole in the way. It also doesn't help that in order to get this picture I'm facing traffic and the breeze from the cars in playing havoc.
It's a learning experience right? and it was fun.

*Carrie*

No comments: