Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Our bed is officially done!!
We began assembly in our room Monday night and boy is that thing a solid monster.                                                                     
I really love how it turned out. The bed frame is taller than our old one and my feet don't even touch the floor when I sit on the bed.
I have always wanted a tall bed, and I finally do! I'm so happy about that.
Assembly was a bit crazy because of trying to maneuver this middle support into the room. We ended up taking off the side rails so that it could make the trek down the hall without hitting the light fixtures.
Rob put it all back together in no time flat and then it was about putting our Select Comfort frame and mattress back on and adjusting. Because of the way the supports run on the SC frame we might have to put a board underneath but so far there doesn't seem to be an issue.

While we were making the bed Chelsea kept climbing from my nightstand up to the bed to play. Chels has given it her seal of approval. And here is the carpenter himself! He did such an amazing job!
Now we really need to go buy a new comforter set. this one is about 8 years old and NEEDS to be updated. Rob had to rework the wall above our bed so that we could put the pictures and sconces back up. Now I just need to finish cleaning, and talk Rob into building me a dresser.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super job, when do we start mine

ma

Sabrina said...

Very nice! My husband just finished building us the King Size Stratton Storage bed from Knock Off Wood. Love Ana's site! :)