Monday, January 24, 2011

Has it been a week already?
I'm sorry.
Mentally I'm insanely busy, in reality I'm not that busy.
I've been waiting for a phone call for me to go back to work.
In September I was asked to help out in a family friend's accounting firm while his office manager is on maternity leave. I thought there were like 4 women working in the office and sure I can help out.
In December I go in for a formal/informal type interview and found out that it was just the office manager and the owner. YIKES!
I can do this. We talked about bringing me in for some training. I came in one day and only 4 hours. That was December.
I have waited ever since. The doctors have pushed back her due date, so I waited. The lady is due today and I got a call. The message said could I come in anytime this week.
Here is where I made my first mistake. I called to set up daycare for the rest of the week. I have a meeting with the daycare provider tonight after scouts.
Because my sister in law goes there I was thankfully able to bypass the interview process.
I called the office and talked to the manager. Toward the end of our conversation I double checked to make sure this is for the whole week.
NOPE! it's only for tomorrow, just to give me a refresher course. I'm going to talk to the owner.
That was mistake #2. I should have confirmed with the office before arranging day care. Now I have daycare paid from Tuesday to Thursday. Money I have to pay up front and money I don't necessarily have.
To say I'm freaking out is an understatement. While this might not be very big to anyone else this is hard for me.
#1 I'm putting my baby in daycare, where I know she will do great, but still
#2 The daycare provider tripped me up a bit when she brings up the fact that normally I have to interview for Chelsea to be there, there are papers that have to be notarized and rules and paper work with her in home daycare.
#3 I'm not sure how long I'll be working and I don't want to upset the daycare provider relationship in case I need her again.
#4 I feel I'm being kind of jerked around with this temporary job situation. I said I was flexible but to keep me informed. We had talked about bringing me in for a week to get comfortable and that's what I going to ask tomorrow.
#5 Rob's birthday party is Friday night and I'm trying to get all the details together.
#6 It's cookie time in GS and I have to sign up for booths and all that stuff
#7 the daycare provider is talking about potty training in a couple of weeks. I was going to wait until it is a bit warmer but hey if she wants to do it. fine by me, I guess.
#8 I'm helping a friend with some soccer books and a Disney autograph book, so I'm trying to squeeze that in.
Lots of balls in the air. Seriously not used to being this busy and scared to death that I'm going to fail.
Yep that sums it up.
I guess what it comes down to is time management, and since that isn't such a necessity for me anymore I suck at it.

Pictures- I went out last Friday morning to shoot this saguaro. The previous morning the moon was huge in the sky so I thought it would be like that the next morning. Nope it wasn't. I froze my butt off. It was eerie to hear the coyotes howling once the sun started to come up. Then as I was sitting on the ground shooting the cactus up 3 coyotes crossed in front of me and scared me when they started to walk toward me.
The other photo is of a glass water sprayer at the local nursery with the sun reflecting off it.

No comments: