Monday, April 25, 2011

 Meet my "boyfriend" Red Roy
Now I have lived in Tucson for almost 20 years and this is the first time I have ever seen a cardinal.
I've seen pictures of cardinals on saguaro cactus but never in Tucson.
So imagine my complete surprise one day when this cardinal comes tapping at the windows at work.
The first time I saw him was at the window in my boss' office. I froze and
  watched him jump from bar to tap on the window. When he finally flew off I talked to my boss about it and he said the bird had been tapping at his window for a couple of days.
That afternoon LaDonna and I started hearing a tapping at our window. I slowly raised the shades to see Red Roy just tapping away.
Wouldn't you know he would pick the dirtiest window to be at.

Anyway, daily for almost two weeks now he comes by and starts tapping. LaDonna named him Roy and since we were listening to a lot of 60's music, every time we heard a tapping I would hear the song My Boyfriends Back.
Now to clarify, yes I've seen cardinals before, hello I grew up in Michigan, cardinals, blue jays and robins galore, but I have never seen a red cardinal until that day here in Tucson.

*Carrie*

No comments: