Saturday, January 21, 2012

Last night we grabbed some pizza and headed out to shoot the sunset.
The kids had their ds's and a book to keep them busy after eating in the van while Rob and I chatted outside and ate our pizza.
The sunset wasn't exactly what I had hoped for but it was beautiful in it's own right.
The area I was in, is one that I'm comfortable with and its quiet. Rob and I talked last night about exploring around town to find other vantage points to shoot from.
To make the pictures more unique. I mean come on, how many sunsets and saguaros postcards have you seen? Its an iconic Arizona picture, but one that the locals are tired of seeing.
I'm hoping to explore Arizona more this year, get to see places that most people don't want to get off the beaten path to see.
Still on the same topic just going on a tangent, if I had to pick a single word to think or work on this year, it would be patience. I know I'm asking for trouble when I say I need patience but I have come to realize in the last few months that I expect myself to know, do, understand quickly. I have a hard time taking a breath and concentrating on a project to get it done right. I'm almost to the point where I say, just do it to get it done. That feels wrong to me.
Take your time, think it through, execute with the best of your ability. I know I will get better and faster with knowledge and practice, and I'm talking about most areas of my life.
The weather man has forecasted partly cloudy skies for the next few days and I'm hoping to take advantage of that.
*Carrie*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hard having patience all the time...there are times when all I want to do is get a certain something done and over with. And thats not good either, but I guess it depends on what I'm doing...I think!!!

I was brought up, that if you do it right the first time, you don't need to do it again....

Yea right!! So I guess you need to figure where you place the importance. My family, my friends and my job, my house....oh heck, I guess every thing is important and needs my patience and dedication Always to do it right...

Good Luck, and remember doing it right is always the best.

Love you
ma (aka)Nina