Wednesday, January 30, 2013


 This month has been filled with many ups and downs, like most months I guess.
Last week we said goodbye to my friend Karen's mother, a feisty woman who upon meeting you, you became family. I created 3 sympathy cards, one for her dad, one for Karen, and one for her daughter. The service was sweet and it was nice to see some familiar faces.
While it was nice to get into my room and create, it was strongly on my heart why and really wanting to convey some beautiful, heartfelt sympathy. Does that make any sense?

I was able to use my cuttlebug and I must say that some embossing folders brings a sense of elegance to a card as I feel that this one does. I wanted simple and I think I did well.
For Karen's daughters card I wanted something that reflected her and her grandma so added yellow to it. On the inside I put a quote,
I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love. Leo Buscaglia
Have you ever been around someone that just makes you want to be a better person? That was Grandma Jean.

I was back again in my craft room later last week working on making the table place signs for our church banquet. I think I hit the nail on the head with that one. The signs matched the room wonderfully and I wished I had taken a better picture .
I actually used a cricut cart for this one! I pulled out Fancy Frames cricut cart  and selected the second frame. I sized it on my gypsy but the outside of the frame is an 8x10. I even used the photo stand from the cart that I glued onto the back to get them to stand up straight. I had thought about cutting out the easel from the cart but that seemed a lot of work and I only needed 11 of them. Still, they garnered lots of compliments.
It has felt great to be crafty and I have tried to get my room more cleaned up and organized. My lovely friend Julie gave me a 4x4 expedite bookcase and wouldn't you know it it is 2 inches too short to fit where I need it to go. No worries, I talked Rob into letting me put it in our hallway. I will fill it with pretty boxes to hide some of my craft supplies and hopefully make my room more manageable. My craft room is around 8x11 and literally jammed packed with stuff, so much so that I have a very narrow walkway to get to my chair. So imagine crafting and having some companions. Three of my four dogs lay along the path and if I need to move or get out its like herding cats. No one wants to move up or out, or they want some attention and all converge on me keeping me stuck in my seat. Before anyone asks to see a photo the answer is no. I'm just a little bit too embarrassed to show how bad the room looks. I will say that I have made a mental commitment to myself that I will get the bookcase in the hallway and get that room more organized, especially since I plan on going to Phx in April and visiting the scrapbook convention and IKEA. insert evil laugh.



No comments: