Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Starting a new year is like making a big wish, there are so many possibilities, so much optimism.
This year hasn't started out fantastic. I threw my back out last Friday and I finished up all my muscle relaxers and when my Dr.'s office was closed I went to our local minute clinic at CVS. After waiting for two hours I was told that they couldn't help me. I can't afford the extra cost of going to the urgent care or ER so I waited till my Dr.'s office was open, only to find out that my Dr is out of office until next Monday. My back is still hurting but as long as I take it easy I can get around.
On to the new year.
This is going to be a great year.
I'm working on writing my retreat course and learning and understanding more about me. I will make more time to be creative, I have to because my spirit is just screaming for my creative time. While being laid up I have spent quite a bit of time pinning on pinterest. I have decided that I would like to do one pinterest project a month. I have also expressed my desire to use my cricut carts more. Mom and I are sitting on about 200 carts right now and I would like to get my moneys worth from them. Maybe I can do one cricut cart a week, granted it would take me a couple of years but I would be doing something creative. I want to learn how to art journal and have been checking things out and learning techniques and finding blogs for inspiration.
This year is going to be a great year.
This fall I will have all my kids in school!! Chelsea will be in kindy and Kelly will be in middle school. Wyatt, he has received some awesome news during winter break. He was tested for the gate (gifted) program shortly after school started and we've received his results. My amazing boy scored a 9 out of 9 and a 99% on his test. He will be taking another test in a couple of weeks and this will figure out what services he will get next year.
This year I want to take better care of me. I want to go for more walks and take more pictures. Like so many others I want to pick a word and focus on it for this year. I will check out Ali's blog for a list of one words to get an idea but I think I will also journal and pray about it.
 I have almost finished up a ten week Breaking Free bible study and then I will pick back up on Finding Water with Julia Cameron.
I'm going to be inspired by the good in the world around me. I want to inspire others.
So this year is big wishes, big dreams but also to be realistic. Oh forget realistic, let's go BIG!












*Carrie*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHH, the possibilities!
Keep the negative at bay and focus on the positive. Good things to look forward to. You know...sometimes I really wish I had more time to do art. I have told you that i want to do my ceramics, starting with your rooster, have some good ideas, but finding those paints the other day at Home depo, well, it just got me even more thinking about things I want to do.
so daughter....here's to us, all of us. Let's have a super great year with lots of ideas and fun.

ma