Thursday, September 29, 2011


As September winds to a close, it has been filled with plenty of activities and a little down time.
From hanging out with my munchkin and watching the movie "Rio" 10,856 times, to celebrating my oldest turning 9 this past Monday, it has been quite a month.
Oh and I can't forget my first gall stone attack. yippee skippee.
October is looking to be just as crazy but I hope I will have more of a mental handle on the things coming up.

The past couple of weeks I've been scouring Pinterest for ideas on making Kelly's birthday special.
For the first time I let Kelly have a sleep over and we allowed her to invite 5 friends. Four of the young ladies showed up and that was just about perfect.
The night itself? That was exhausting.
Petty fights and some very stubborn girls made parts of the sleep over miserable.
I must say how proud of Kelly I am for doing such
a great job of balancing and playing with each girl. By Saturday morning Kelly was in tears over her friends arguing about almost everything.
Believe me when I say that i put pick up time to be 11am and all the girls were gone by 11 that there wasn't a big sigh of relief that it was over.
Will I ever allow another sleep over? Yeah, most likely, will I be more careful on who we invite, most definitely.
I learned plenty of lessons over this experience, ones I won't soon forget.

On Tuesday, Rob held his first pack meeting as cubmaster and scored a huge hit when he had the boys play a game where with your facial expressions you wiggle a cookie from your forehead down to your mouth.
That sentence seemed to run forever, phew.
I must toot my own horn in that for the first time in years I have bought the kids' Halloween costumes early enough that a) I was able to afford what they wanted b) I found their sizes and accessories.
All their costumes have been tried on and are now hanging in the closet ready for the big night.
We have started soccer practice for Kelly and games will start on the 8th, we have cub scout events and girl scout events, we are probably going to be visiting every pumpkin patch in Tucson this fall.
There are plans to take the kids to see Disney on Ice, Toy Story 3.
I mean it, October is looking crazy.
I'm off to get the house ready for my Pampered Chef Party tomorrow night.

*Carrie*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back daughter,
I sure miss your blogs, and even though I see you several times a week, I do enjoy these little blogs with the pictures of all events during the week.

ma