Tuesday, January 29, 2019

One little word 2019

My word this year didn't come easy, nothing felt right and as others started sharing their words I wondered when mine would appear.
Unfortunately, I don't remember what triggered me but the word THRIVE popped in my head. A little back story. A few weeks ago I broke down on my husband. Several things had come to a head and I lost it. I said to him that this, where we are at right now can't be the best we'll get, I want more for us. I want better/more for me. I don't want to survive, and roll with the punches, maybe that's what triggered me. There is a song by Casting Crowns call Thrive, there is a lyric that says, " we were made for so much more than ordinary lives, its time for us to more than just survive, we were made to thrive.
Thrive by definition means to grow vigorously: flourish to prosper. To progress toward or realize a goal despite or because of circumstances.

It's time to take what I've learned and grown from and push past the fear and take action on my dreams.
I didn't make any resolutions but I've started this year actively trying to learn, grown and change. I'm starting with Mel Robbins Mindset Reset a 30 day program with steps to change my hindering beliefs. I'm also working with a women's group from church on the Keys to Freedom study. This has us working on the roots of her hindering beliefs.
I'm working on making this a trans formative year. I plan to finish my studio, I want to try my hand at making You Tube videos and generally be more creative.
I sometimes doubt my gut instinct and I ask for conformation. Confirmation was received one afternoon as I was walking on the treadmill and listening to an inspirational talk from Tony Robbins and Les Brown called, "I can, I will, I must. By the end of his video the passion and desire to pursue my dreams was like a fast spreading wildfire. I was goose bump excited.
I'm taking daily steps to work towards my goals and I'm doing the research on all the stuff I don't know how to do yet, got to love Google, information overload, lol.
I'm making this year my best year. I'm going to thrive.

*Carrie*

No comments: